Tuesday 2 February 2010

To my friends

Hi friends,

You might be surprised that I started a blog...but as you can see from the layout this blog is not about writing about my life, music, photography, art or anything else but simply exists to share with you what is happening within the A21 Apprentice Campaign that I joined to raise enough money to fight against human trafficking.

I don't know how much you know about human trafficking but I didn't even know something like this existed...yep, I truely grew up in a safe environment, in the western world and my friends call me city-girl. Not many people seem to be aware of this issue. Even within my circle of friends some got to hear about human trafficking for the very first time.

It is shocking and scary what you find out once you give attention to it. And humman trafficking is happening right now, even in my city in London. I got to read an article from last years Evening Standard where undercover police officer captured a surveillance photo which shows a gangster handing over 3,000 Pounds to other two men outside Selfridges to sell this woman who stood not far away from them watched by another guy! Can you imagine? It was hard to belive for me but I had this copy from the newspapers in my hands and unfortunately it is true. Luckily these men were caught and are prisoned for 48 years.

Today we had our second meeting with our A21 Apprentice team and I am very excited about the first challenge we got! I will report more about it this week once everything is ready to take off as I could really need your support!!

To find out more about this campaign or the sponsor Organic Surge, click on the links to your right and watch the videos below. Please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email if you wanna join, ask or tell me something!

Let's spread the word and fight for those girls', children's and women's freedom!
Ava



No comments:

Post a Comment